Well, they are only pumpkin in shape, and they may lean a bit closer to cupcake than truly muffin, but "Vegan, Pumpkin Shaped, Apple Spiced, Cupcake Muffins" seemed a bit lengthy of a title. We sort of made this recipe up as we went along... It's not a big, crazy stretch on your basic muffin / cupcake, but they came out sooo tasty, so I wanted to share. We used a a silicone pumpkin shaped baking mold that Kaia picked out at a thrift store, and Kaia of course added and mixed all the ingredients.This recipe made roughly 24 muffins.
•2 C Soy Milk
•2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
•1 C Sugar
•¼ C Brown Sugar
•4 tsp Vanilla Extract
•⅔ C Canola / Vegetable Oil
•1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
•¼ C Applesauce
•2 ½ C White Wheat Flour
•1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
•1 tsp Baking Soda
•½ tsp Salt
- Preheat Oven to 350° F
- Mix the soy milk and apple cider vinegar, then give it a few minutes to curdle.
- Into the soy milk and apple cider vinegar mixture, beat in you sugar, vanilla, oil, cinnamon, applesauce, and nutmeg.
- While mixing, add in slowly (or sift,) the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until relatively full.
- Grease up molds, (or use cupcake liners,) and fill to about ⅔ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool before icing.
I went light on icing, only adding faces and stems. They passed the kid test with flying colours, and disappeared far faster than I expected. We're going to make another batch or two for our upcoming Halloween party. :)