15 October 2011

(Vegan) Pumpkin Muffins

Well, they are only pumpkin in shape, and they may lean a bit closer to cupcake than truly muffin, but "Vegan, Pumpkin Shaped, Apple Spiced, Cupcake Muffins" seemed a bit lengthy of a title. We sort of made this recipe up as we went along... It's not a big, crazy stretch on your basic muffin / cupcake, but they came out sooo tasty, so I wanted to share. We used a a silicone pumpkin shaped baking mold that Kaia picked out at a thrift store, and Kaia of course added and mixed all the ingredients.This recipe made roughly 24 muffins.





Ingredients:

2 C Soy Milk
•2 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
1 C Sugar
¼ C Brown Sugar
•4 tsp Vanilla Extract
  C Canola / Vegetable Oil
•1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
•Pinch Nutmeg
¼ C Applesauce 
•2 ½ C White Wheat Flour
•1 ½ tsp Baking Powder
•1 tsp Baking Soda
½ tsp Salt



Directions:

  1. Preheat Oven to 350° F
  2. Mix the soy milk and apple cider vinegar, then give it a few minutes to curdle.
  3. Into the soy milk and apple cider vinegar mixture, beat in you sugar, vanilla, oil, cinnamon, applesauce, and nutmeg.
  4. While mixing, add in slowly (or sift,) the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until relatively full.
  5. Grease up molds, (or use cupcake liners,) and fill to about ⅔ full.
  6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until done.
  7. Let cool before icing.


I went light on icing, only adding faces and stems. They passed the kid test with flying colours, and disappeared far faster than I expected. We're going to make another batch or two for our upcoming Halloween party. :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG if you could please send 5 million batches to me here in Mexico, I would be beyond happy!

    ;) They looked delicious, I bet everyone in the house was thrilled with the yummies.

    Hugs my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish I could! How much fun would it be to send a big, big box of treats?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I adore feedback! <3